Qualifications & Standards
To be considered for membership your organisation must have an international operational presence. All members pay an annual membership fee.
The Forum of Bible Agencies International has two categories of membership: (a) full or voting member; (b) associate or non-voting member.
Full or Voting Members
Regular/voting members must meet the following criteria:
1. One of its primary purposes of the organization is the translation, publication and/or distribution/engagement of the Holy Scriptures.
2. The organization is a recognized not-for-profit entity.
3. The organization understanding and expressions of faith fall within the mainstream of historic Christianity.
4. The organization maintains an international presence.
5. The organization devotes a significant portion of its resources to translation, publication and/or distribution / engagement work.
6. The organization agrees with, and commits to abide by, the standards of the Forum as defined by the Forum Board.
Benefits and Rights
Full membership confers the following benefits and rights:
1. Attend and participate in all of FOBAI meetings.
2. Vote at member meetings.
3. Be elected Board director and/or officer.
4. Be a member of the FOBAI standing or special committees.
5. Participate in all FOBAI initiatives and enjoy the benefits of such initiatives.
6. Receive and utilize any research produced by FOBAI.
7. Use of the FOBAI logo.
8. Access to FOBAI information including the FOBAI Intranet and other materials produced by FOBAI.
9. Others as provided by the Board.
Full membership entails the following responsibilities:
1. Attendance by CEO to all FOBAI member's meetings.
2. Full and prompt payment of annual dues as determined by the Board of Directors.
3. Provision of information on member’s ministry and activities as may be necessary for the accomplishment of the FOBAI mission, objectives and projects.
4. Provision of the member’s audited financial statements.
5. Participation in FOBAI committees and task forces' as reasonably required
6. Fulfillment of committee/task forces' duties as applicable
7. Building, and maintaining, awareness and commitment to FOBAI in its staff
8. Hosting FOBAI events as may be reasonably required
9. Promotion and protection of the interests of FOBAI
10. Others as provided by the Board
The number of participants of the organization determines annual Dues for Full Member
Associate or Non-Voting Members
An entity that satisfies one following descriptions may apply to be an associate member or non-voting member of the Forum:
Category A: Mission agencies with Bible ministries
This category includes mission agencies or other entities that are involved in Bible translation, publication and/or distribution/engagement but not as one of their primary ministries. Such agencies must meet all the criteria for full members except points 1 and/or 5:
Category B: Autonomous entities of multiple-Bible agency organizations
This category includes Bible Societies, Wycliffe national entities and other autonomous entities of a Bible agency organization, which do not meet the criteria for full membership of the Forum.
Category C: Other Christian entities
This category includes mission agencies or other entities that, in the opinion of the Board, would bring, associate members, substantial strategic and operational value to the Forum.
Benefits and Rights
Associate membership confers the following benefits and rights:
1. Attendance at FOBAI plenary and track meetings and other events as provided by the Board. As a general rule associate members may have two representatives at the FOBAI meetings. The FOBAI Executive Committee may, in exceptional cases, authorize additional representatives.
2. Participation in FOBAI task forces' including consultation meetings.
3. Access to information of FOBAI as determined by the Board.
4. Others as provided by the Board.
Associate membership entails the following responsibilities:
1. Full and prompt payment of annual dues as determined by the Board.
2. Provision of information on member’s ministry and activities as may be necessary for the accomplishment of the FOBAI mission, objectives and projects.
3. Provision of the member’s audited financial statements.
4. Fulfillment of task forces’ duties as applicable
5. Building, and maintaining, awareness and commitment to FOBAI in its staff
6. Promotion and protection of the interests of FOBAI
7. Others as provided by the Board
Annual dues for Full and Associate Members are determined by the Board periodically and are normally related to the relative income of members.